Followers

Friday, April 30, 2010


Dear Friends,
The idea to blog my jungle adventures didn’t occur to me until a friend of mine encouraged me to record them here. Ideas do come and go but to be able to re-account and store them with exact precision is an interesting exercise. So here I am blogging about my experiences with nature or should I say my romantic excursions with nature. After surviving the initial heat wave (resulting from a sudden shift in temperature from 6 to 36 degree centigrade) and nature’s harsh reception as is always expected when the urbane and civilised creature encounters nature for the first time I started experiencing the softer side of nature. It was the first test of nature trying to gauge the resilience of the modern individual which slowly gave way to a much softer side with its occasional delight of a fleeting butterfly coming to greet you as you walk down the little stony pathway. Butterflies of different colours, shapes and sizes just flying over you with every little step you take on the stony pathway, as if welcoming you to their abode of peace and colour and above all nature’s paradise.
Surely, Bardia is beautiful with its green fields, little brooks and different kinds of birds creating their musical symphony as I started exploring nature just after my arrival. Here much removed from the modern amenities of a so-called civilised world I discovered a different set of protocol within which nature worked. Every step was a discovery and a step closer to paradise.
Day time depicts a much harsher reality compared to a gentle early morning or a blissful evening. For my readers, the Terai arc landscape where I am currently based does get very hot and dry during the day with temperatures as high as 45 degree centigrade. In other words, a slow roast for those not accustomed to such high temperatures. Before I shift to my first sense of adventure in Bardia, a little description of my little abode of peace, which is quite a contrast to our urban concept of modern luxurious dwellings.
I live in a thatched roofed hut with very basic facilities enough for an individual to survive whilst living so close to nature. A little discomfort but a huge pleasure in terms of blissful nature, huge clear skies lit with a thousand diamonds at night and crickets singing their own song of nature. Not to exclude the animals living around me, feels good to see a monkey sitting next to a tree watching you, literally gazing at you and the chirping of cuckoos and a hundred different kind of bird making their noisy musical symphony creating a sheer haven full of bliss and yes above all the peace that I was looking for!!




No comments: